Our Community Helper presentations were a great success last week. I was so proud of everyone. Each child presented out loud to the class and did a fantastic job. I was so impressed at the hard work that everyone put into their projects. I sent home a grading sheet for your child’s presentation in last week’s homework folder, as well as returned the written portion of their project. I am going to hang onto the posters for a bit, but will return them soon. Also, I have uploaded all videos to SeeSaw. You are welcome to download them directly from the site.
Field Trips: Today in the Wednesday folder I am sending home our last two field trip forms for the year.
On June 11th we will be going to Tam Valley Elementary School to meet our pen pals that we have been corresponding with all year long.
We will leave school at 10:30am and return by 11:45. It’s a quick trip, but a fun one! Please note the form says we will return by 11:30 – but I am thinking we may need an extra few minutes for the return – so if you are able to come please plan on being back by 11:45.
Wednesday, June 12th we will be having our End of the Year Party at Country Club Bowl in San Rafael to celebrate a wonderful year in First Grade! We will be leaving school at 10:30am and returning about 12:30pm. The cost of the trip was already collected in the fall and will include a game of bowling, shoe rental and a pizza lunch back at school. It would be wonderful if you could turn in the signed green permission form Friday, May 31st. Please make sure to indicate on the form if you are able to drive. Thank you in advance.
**I will be offering an Early Bird Special of 2 Stewie bucks to anyone who returns their field trip forms by Tuesday, May 28th!
Special Assembly: On Friday, May 31st at 9am we will be having a special all school assembly to honor Mrs. Harvey, our wonderful PE teacher who is retiring this year. As a special surprise for her at the assembly, each grade level will be singing a song. This is a secret so shhhh! All families are invited to attend. We hope to see you there!
· Order Next Year’s School Supplies NOW! This program makes school supply shopping so easy and takes such a load off scrambling to buy these materials and get the correct brands during the summer! Edna's partnership with 1st Day School Supplies allows you to order the exact supplies requested by your child’s teachers for next year and have them shipped directly to Edna with your child’s name on it before the first day of school. Teachers love it, parents love it, prices are competitive and 10% of proceeds go directly back to Edna PTA. All you need to do is go to: www.1stdayschoolsupplies.com and choose your child’s grade for next year, checkout, and get it checked off of your to-do list now! It’s that easy! Any questions, please contact Zoe Pinksa at email@example.com
· Wednesday, May 29th is an extra early release day. School will get out at 12:40pm due to a district wide teacher appreciation event.
· Open House is on Thursday, June 6th from 6:00-7:00pm.
· Keep reading for the Grand Prix! All logs are due by June 7th! In order to attend the ice cream sundae party, the student must have completed all pit stops and reached the finish line by June 7th.
· Thursday, June 13th is the last day of school!