Hello and welcome back to a great school year. I hope that you had a wonderful summer vacation! I am thrilled to be your child’s First Grade Teacher. I am looking forward to meeting you and your child, and working together to make this year the best that it can be.
I have had a terrific summer and I am ready for the school year to begin. I have been planning a fun and educationally filled year for our class. We are going to have an exciting year studying reading, writing, math, and even have a little fun!!!!!! I would like to invite you to come by for a First Grade Meet and Greet on Wednesday, August 21st anytime between 1:30pm and 2:00pm to meet me and to see our classroom. I hope that you can come!
As a reminder on the first day of school, you should bring:
1. A healthy morning snack.
2. A lunch
3. A backpack
4. The supplies from the supply list below (unless you already ordered them through First Day School Supplies).
Remember to label all sweatshirts, sweaters, backpacks, water bottles and lunch containers with your child’s name. They get misplaced all the time and often end up in the wrong classroom.
I have listed some items below that your child should bring with them on the first day of school. If you have already ordered these supplies through the first day school supplies website, then they have already been delivered to our classroom. You will notice that I have included a very specific list of brands and styles of supplies that I would like your child to have. I am doing this so that every child has the exact same type of supplies to encourage consistency in our supplies among our class. I ask that you please follow the list provided and send in only the brands that are listed below. Please do not label any of the items, as we will be sharing everything. If you can not bring in these items, I will supply them for your child. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
· One package of Colored Pencils - Crayola - 24 Ct
· One Composition Book - Wide Ruled - Black Marble - 100 page Ct
· One box of Crayons - Crayola - 24 Ct
· One large Pink Pearl Eraser -Papermate
· Four large Glue Sticks - Avery - 1.27 oz - White
· A 24 pack of Elmers All Purpose Glue Sticks - White - .21 oz
· One Highlighter – Yellow- Chisel
· One package of Crayola Classic 10 Ct Thick Markers
· One package of Crayola Classic 10 Ct Thin Markers
· One roll of Paper Towels
· One 12 Pack of Ticonderoga Sharpened No 2 Pencils
· Two Black Flair Pens
· One Hamilton Buhl Kids – Ha2 Headphones
· Three packages of Post it Sticky Notes, lined 3x3
· One box of Kleenex - 144 Ct
· One package of Huggies unscented baby wipes 64 Ct
I know that your children are very important to you, as they are to me. I would like to find out as much as I can about each of my students, so I am asking for your help. In addition to this letter, please fill out the questionnaire (both sides) and tell me anything about your son or daughter that will help me get to know them better. It would be wonderful if you could send it to school with your child on the first day of school. Please include your child in this process if they would like to help.
I am looking forward to our next year together. If you have any questions or concerns, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will return your email as soon as I can.
Looking forward to meeting you!